Pages from my diary
28th Aug 2022
Sunday
It's 2:30 in the afternoon. It's sunny outside. Its been raining for weeks so such days feel glorious somehow , but I think most rain lovers would disagree.
It's probably the sudden sunny afternoon or the fact that I have nothing to do at the moment that made me feel like I am bubbling with energy. I can't explain it. I feel like grabbing a drawing book and try to paint the sky or get a pencil and scribble down a poem or maybe play loud music and dance my heart out , but at the end I just ended up standing in the balcony for 10 minutes straight.
I have always enjoyed sunny days, and sunny afternoons are the epitome of lazy mellow afternoons
My house falls silent as sunlight pours into the living room.I can stare outside for hours and i end up feeling instantly happy.
And what amazes me is, such parts of the day make me feel this way wherever I am
I always remember afternoons at my grandma's house. The sunlight looks like a golden carpet as it enters from the front and back door.
It is silent. The rush and clamour of lunch has subsided and mostly everyone is napping.
Then there are those sweaty stinky school bus rides back home on weekdays. These afternoons are not exactly silent.
No,they are chaotic and borders on controlled wildness, where lunches are passed around and hogged amidst the shouts and squeels of someone narrating the highlight of the day.
And even as all that food makes its way to the stomach there is an even bigger appetite for the 'hot topic' of the day. This usually originates in the 10th grade. Either somebody knocked down the school emblem with a football or slapped someone right across the face. Such Will Smith moments are probably our legacy for the school.
I might find many more afternoon memories to add but these would be some of my most memorable ones.
Comments
Post a Comment